Join the team
For CityHub Amsterdam, we are currently looking for:
For CityHub HQ, we are currently looking for:
For our hotels, we are always on the look for talented CityHosts
CityHub is an innovative hotel concept that offers travellers a place from which to explore the city and take part in the local city life. At CityHub travellers sleep in their own Hub: a uniquely designed sleeping pod that offers a comfortable
and affordable place to sleep.
At the hotel they will find our CityHost, who will be their local friend and guide in discovering the best places to visit. Via our app travellers in the city are connected to their CityHosts 24/7.
We currently have hotels in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, Copenhagen is opening next summer, and more will come in Europe.
As CityHost you are the local hero that enables travellers to get the most out of their stay in the City. You are not just available for travellers at the hotel, but, through our app, travelers will also be able to contact you while out in the city at all times. Interaction with travellers at CityHub is personal and spontaneous. Your main mission is to make travellers feel welcome and assist them with what they may need during their stay.
Besides socializing, you also ensure the daily activities at CityHub continue according to plan. This means for example that you reply to emails, make sure the common areas (bar, hangout, front desk, showers and toilets) are neat and tidy and that you troubleshoot in case something is out of order.
Main tasks include:
- Welcoming travellers and sharing your insider tips about the city.
- Owning common areas, setting the mood and keeping them neat and tidy.
- Answering emails and keeping in contact with travellers via all of our channels.
- Some administrative tasks.
- Having a chat with travellers for no reason.
- Naturally sociable, extroverted and approachable.
- You like connecting with people from all around the world.
- You know the city like the back of your hand, and you can’t wait to share your favourite spots.
- Spotless English and Dutch (the more extra languages, the better).
- You don’t shy off in front of a computer.
- Confident, organized and independent.
- A flexible team player
- HBO or University level thinking
- Available part-time 8 to 32 hours/week.
What you get.
- A small and young team.
- A fun working environment where you can meet every kind of people.
- A flexible schedule that combines well with studying or personal projects.
- A fair wage and lunch/dinner covered.
- Fun team activities and drinks.
- A discount for your friends and family that want to stay at CityHub.
Send us your CV and motivation letter. If you could add a short video introducing yourself, that would be great.
Make sure you answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a CityHost?
- Do you like travelling? Where have you travelled?
- What is your dream job?
- Where do you usually hangout in your city?